Quantcast

Eagle Syndrome - Online Support Group

Bilateral calcified stylohyoid ligament

Thank you, Shanef89! Totally forgot you’re in school even though that’s been the topic of several of your posts. I hope you do amazingly well! Good for you for persevering through pain AND surgery! I extra applause for your effort!

Sorry your remaining side is acting up.

Looking forward to an update post finals.

1 Like

Hope all pain stays away and you are able to concentrate and remember all you studied. Agree with Isaiah_40_31 great perserverance with the challenge of such pain! Hoping you do very well with finals.

1 Like

Oh my goodness, the injection hurt! The injected below c7. Strangely, nurse was reading my chart and told me he has ES. His ENT doesn’t believe in ES either so when he has flare up he pushes styloid into better position and pain goes down. His styloid is infringing on jugular. Don’t feel anything new yet, but could take a few days to ease pain from what I’m told. My low/mid back is very angry about this though! Also, I cannot eat anything cold or crunchy I had to fast 6 hours so I was hungry, but couldn’t eat my salad because it hurt my teeth. Has anyone had a shot below c7? Did you feel worse before you felt better?

Sorry that this has been so painful, hope that ut does improve soon for you! Interesting that tge nurse has it too, at least you had someone sympathetic with you!

Curious that you have tooth & lower back pain from the shot. However, many nerves that innervate our upper & lower bodies come from the spine so it’s possible that pressure from the fluid introduced by the injection is putting pressure on the nerves causing your current symptoms.

I think back reacted to my tightening up when that needle went in so deep. Doctor told me he had to go deep, but no one really knows what it really means until you feel it. Felt much better today! Haven’t tried cold food, but had ice in water and didn’t bother me. It’s more when I bite cold or hot food. Was able to get out in yard so that was great. Might have overdone it, but I won’t tell if you don’t. Still have main symptoms, but excess pain in the neck feels maybe 50% better. All days I live and work are good, but this one was a little better than usual so I’m glad I got the shot. The ramped up pain of last 3 years is down to what it was for 20 years prior so I don’t feel so panicked. Hope you are having a good day also.

2 Likes