Quantcast

Eagle Syndrome - Online Support Group

Has anyone had Dr Luke Philippsen operate on them?

Hi All,

I have an appointment with Dr Luke Philippsen in Muncie, IN on October 7th, 2020 after being preliminarily diagnosed through dental panoramic xray and experiencing ES symptoms for over two and a half years (was initially misdiagnosed with reflux).

I’m wondering if anyone has had surgery done by Dr Philippsen and if so what technique did he use (through neck or intraoral/use of Davinci robot, etc?). Was it successful and what was your experience with this doctor please?

I have a call in to nurses to try to find out more before I see him but would really love to hear patient experiences.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

If you he’s been discussed on the forum, search for his name and any relevant conversations will pop up. I just checked and he’s on the list for IN doctors, so hopefully someone has posted about him. Wishing you peace as you begin this journey! I’m 4 weeks post op of my left styloid removal and already seeing benefits.

2 Likes

This is the only mention I can find about him, but was quite a while ago:

You could try sending the member a message but she’s not been on for a long time, so she may not reply.
Let us know how you get on!

Thank you very much Jules. At least the mention of him is positive. I’ll definitely let people know as I understand feedback about doctors is important for others.

I didn’t find this thread when I searched his name so this is still helpful. Thanks again.

Bec

1 Like

Hi anharris,

Thank you very much for the response. I tried searching his name here but didn’t find much so I thought I’d ask.

Thank you very much for the reply. May I ask if you had your surgery through the neck or mouth and dud they use the Davinci robot?

I’m glad you are doing well after your styloidectomy.

Take care and thanks again,

Bec

Hi Bec,

We have one other member who hasn’t posted in a long time - Stargazer. I believe Dr. Philippsen did at least one of her ES surgeries or was somehow involved in her ES journey. You could send her a private message. I think she’d respond.

Hi Isaiah, Thank you so much for that information. I’ll try contacting Stargazer.

Take care.
Bec

1 Like