Quantcast

Eagle Syndrome - Online Support Group

In so much pain

Hi guys any recommendations on relieving the skull pain? The small ball points on the back of my head are sensitive to the touch has this happened to anyone? Any advice on relief?

1 Like

Yes, it went away about 2 months after my styloids were removed if it is from the styloids. Mine was .

1 Like

Yeah I know this pain is unbearable just curious on what to do in the mean time while waiting on news from the Dr.

Have a blessed day &

Stay Positive!

Natasha Guerrera

1 Like

Have you tried Advil, Tylenol or Aspirin? If none of those work, you could talk to your PCP about temporarily prescribing a nerve pain medication while you await surgery. A warm compress or icing the area might also help temporarily.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I’ve been doing. It’s seems to help briefly.

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re in so much pain MzGuerrera! I had that same pain but only on one side. It was very annoying! I totally sympathize. Surgery did cure it for me, too.

1 Like

Maybe gabapentin…I tried all that was mentioned…I could not lie down.I slept sitting staight up with a wedge pillow standing on its end. I put a soft collar around my neck, and on top of that a micrbead travel pillow so the only part pf my skull touching the wedge was the upper part of my skull against the travel pillow and wedge.
Most pain meds would wear off after 4 hoirs and the leftover pain was bad. Ice snd heat helped some.
After surgery ,It took 2-3 months for the back of the skull to feel normal. It took awhile to be able to lie down in a flat position. I am most thankful for that now.

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice so happy this will soon be over.

Have a blessed day &

Stay Positive!

Natasha Guerrera

1 Like

Are you hoping to have surgery, it sounds like you’re having a rough time?

1 Like

I found the CLOUDZ Original Micro bead travel pillow to be very handy. It was the pillow that
I was able to postion to touch the higher area of my skull while sleeping sitting up. As I said, I often used a soft collar around the neck as the first layer to give stability and protection. The travel pillow was the layer between my head and whatever I leaned against while sleeping sitting up.
I still use the microbead travel pillow under my neck as a support when lying down. I have cervical disc problems and the microbeads can be positioned where I need them. They support without giving any push back. Foam pillows feel great for about 15 minutes then I get neck pain or headaches from the resistance of the foam. The micro beads fill in and support , but have no resistance.
None of us have exactly the same issues and pillows are a very personal thing, but the travel pillow above is under 20.00 on amazon and can be used in many situations. Now, instead of supporting me sitting up. It supports the lordosis in my neck while sleeping on my back and gives me some support if I roll over.
Maybe it could help you or someone else on this forum.

4 Likes

My PT Dr massaged that area and gave me a few days of relief. I had my first surgery 5 weeks ago, when I woke it was gone on that side. I had my 2nd side done about 10 days ago and it’s improved. I’m not bouncing back as quick, but so glad I had the surgery.

4 Likes