Quantcast

Eagle Syndrome - Online Support Group

Recovery from surgery

Hi Jules ,I’ve had my surgery 2 years ago and some…I know they can grow back …I’m afraid of that ,the pain is there every day . I barely get a break…How do you cope with pain ,do u take anything ? I have a hard time thinking I have to live like this …it’s depressing.

There’s lots of info in the Newbies Guide about pain relief which members have found helpful to a point- anti-seizure and anti-depressant medications can help in low doses, and muscle relaxants can sometimes help, then either lidocaine patches or as injections into the area with steroids help. I take Amitriptyline for the nerve pain which helps a bit- most of the pain has gone with surgery though, thankfully, and mine wasn’t as bad as a lot of peoples, it was vascular symptoms which were worst for me.

Hi Nikki,
My name is Trish, and crazy as it sounds I’m from PG as well! I was just diagnosed me with ES about a month ago. Have you heard of any other Dr’s in Canada who treat ES?

I’m in Alberta and am waiting/looking for a Dr too… I was just referred to a skull base surgeon in Edmonton… the ENT I was initially referred to passed me on :weary: After waiting 3 months :roll_eyes: