I’m 2 weeks post op from my 2nd surgery in Omaha, Neb. My first surgery was amazing, my 2nd recovery is going a bit slower. I had them done about 3-4 weeks apart, and I would recommend 6 weeks. Low BP and inner ear have slowed this recovery a bit. HOWEVER, I feel so much better. I’m so thankful. Because we live in KC, MO and traveled to Omaha, Neb. we stayed In a motel. Some things that helped…
- Wedge pillow
- I’m a side sleeper so a body pillow helped keep my arm up, which I thought helped.
3. A pad of paper/ pencil to write down meds.
4. Ice packs… I liked the blue ones about the size of my entire hand found on Amazon.
5. Food ideas. The first time we never considered having something on hand to eat with meds during the night. My stomach was a mess. Food that helped … was Panera Chicken/ noodle soup, Wendy’s frosty…( but just get a small it was pretty rich except a bite at a time). And then we took… a couple of Costco’s frittatas… they were great to eat a half with a pain pill. Also, making ahead thin breakfast casseroles… is helpful.
7. I also took 4-5 cut up Paul Newman prunes and Collace.
8. Diet Coke… . But my BP got so low Dr in Omaha and KC we’re going… drink
Coke, fluids and eat salty foods. I have never craved potato chips so much in all my life.
Both of my surgeries have given me my life back; I wish each and every one of you hope and healing.