Quantcast

Eagle Syndrome - Online Support Group

Thankful for you all

Hi SewMomma ~ You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! You are perfectly normal, & I will say a prayer for you to have peace & no fear - before, during & after your surgery. You’ve done this marathon once & seen the good results. No need to question round two!!! Your surgeon is AWESOME, & your body is doing it’s job & healing nicely. You can, and will, succeed in overcoming ES & its cruel, mind-taunting symptoms. God is walking with you through this. He is in charge & on top of it all.

Deep breaths. Be joyful in your heart that the first day of the return of your more normal life (do any of us really live normal lives?!?) is almost here!

:hearts:

2 Likes

So change the left to the right and the baby click to ear/jaw pain and you just described me! I contacted Mayo requesting surgery in late June or early July - I can not wait till September any more. Still dealing with numbness on the left. Your Can. Not. Wait. is fact. We are going to be better - we must keep reiterating it again and again:). Have the countdown app on your phone? Great to know we are perfectly normal!

1 Like

Glad you have a date, not too long now…patience, ‘Rest in the Lord & wait patiently for Him to act’…Ps 37:7, I had to read that verse more then a few times!!
Big hug for you, keep strong!

3 Likes

I think of you all the time surgery buddy and I completely support your plan of bumping up the date. Why suffer? :blue_heart:

1 Like

sjlash - Everything I said to SewMomma I also pass along to you. Glad you’re looking at having surgery sooner. That means the final phase of healing will start sooner & you’ll be back “up to speed” sooner as well!

:hearts: :hugs:

1 Like

As always, an unpleasant situation (surgery for a rare condition) can be made better by little joys. I’m this case a scarf with doves on it for my son’s confirmation. Doves are a symbol of the Holy Spirit so there was a big focus on doves at the church. :blush:

2 Likes

My prayers for Little Rock are with you also! That scarf is very pretty and reminds everyone the Holy Spirit is always waiting for us to call on it :pray:

2 Likes

Hope you got earlier surgery date. Praying for you to your surgery, through your surgery and for quick healing after your surgery.

2 Likes

What a great scarf, SewMomma! Wearing it is a great reminder that the Holy Spirit is with us & in us always when we have trusted in the salvation God provided through His only Son, Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! My second surgery is next week! I’m really excited. I just learned that I got the first slot, 6:30 AM. There’s a huge difference in driving through downtown Atlanta at 5:00 in the morning versus 7:00 in the morning so I’m very lucky. Just a few more things on my list to take care of including reading some of my old notes about last time. Keeping my expectations low this time for recovery craziness. Got anointed at mass tonight. Thank you for the prayers. Jesus, I trust in you!

3 Likes

Good choice, SewMomma - putting yourself in the safest possible “Hands” to care for you! You’ll do great, & Dr. Dedhia has already proven himself as an excellent surgeon. AWESOME that you get the first surgery spot!!

Look up! Lean Hard! God is faithful!!

1 Like

That’s good news! Of course will be praying for you & for your surgery…hope that your faith keeps you calm while you wait!:bouquet:

1 Like

SewMomma,

Thank YOU for sharing your story and allowing so many people to walk with you. Second time around should be easier as you know what to expect. Wishing you quick healing, comfort, and a smooth surgery. Be well :sunflower:

2 Likes

Hi everyone! It’s done! Second side out! I instantly felt the left click gone! Despite having an absolute saint for an anesthesiologist, I have a really terrible sore throat. Doing my thing with hot soup, icing and lozenges. It only hurts on the left when I swallow so that tells me it’s the it’s the site healing from the inside out. All good just taking it slow and not over analyzing. Felt a click at the hyoid when I got up from a nap and almost spun out but the next swallow was beautiful! Baby steps! I’m here and I did it! God is good!

4 Likes

Thank you for this update, SewMomma. Baby steps is right. Swelling might be deceptively causing a charlatan click now & then, but the true source of the real click is GONE!!! HALLELUJAH!!

:clap: :pray: :hugs: :sparkling_heart:

Great news, glad it’s done & there’s a little improvement already! Take it easy, you’re in my prayers! :pray::bouquet:

Morning! I slept way better this time than I did on night one of last round. Sore throat got me up early to take a pain pill and I ended up analyzing a bit too much. That little pop in the middle of my throat could be anything like you said Isaiah.
No deep thinking today…eating soft foods and enjoying the fact that I do have some very obvious, very instant validation that the ligaments were doing bad things and had to go!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::+1::orange_heart:

1 Like

Sew Momma,
It’s hard not to over analyze. So happy to hear that the second surgery is over. You are now ES free. Let the healing begin!

Sending you hugs and best wishes for a speedy and peaceful recovery.

Keep healing! :wink:

Keep up the good attitude, Sewmomma! You’ll be well before you know it! I’m guessing your tongue didn’t end up in a bad way this time around which is TOTALLY AWESOME!!

:gift_heart: