US Doctors Familiar With ES, Current List

That’s good news! Have you got a date?
I’ve just replied to your new discussions about where surgery is done; because your surgeon is a skull base surgeon, it probably explains where they’ll operate, mine was similar & a skull base surgeon too. Hope it goes well!

Hi there. I wanted to mention that I looked up this doctor and haven’t been able to find any info on him other than google saying permanently closed and a review that says he’s retired.

Dr Richard Ragsdale, Presbyterian Hospital, Allen TX

Thanks for letting us know, such a shame when we lose doctors off the list :disappointed: I’ve made a note of it.

Hi Thank you for keeping up with this list? Can I request a removal of one MD? He has turned away 8 patients with elongated styloids.
Andrea

Yes, you can let me know his name & we’ll remove it- thanks for the info!

Going to have surgery with Dr Arnold in Miami. He’s done around 100 intra and external eagles surgeries and has done 4 in the last 3 months. Wish me luck.

1 Like

That is GREAT NEWS, @hangtime! Please let us know the date & I’ll pray for you then especially. We always hope for the best possible outcome. Just be aware that it may take a few months for you to really notice significant changes. Nerves are slow to recover but they do recover. It can be a test of patience though. That said, I hope you have significant pain/symptoms reduction when you wake up from surgery.

Glad that you’re able to get surgery- lots of info about what to expect in the discussions you can search for, & in the Newbies Guide Section. Let us know the date!

Thanks! Surgery date is the 20th. Transcervical right side first and hopefully only necessary one. Styloid is 4.9 cm.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

I just got done with my surgery and staying overnight for observation. Doctor Arnold decided to do transoral. I have a lot of pain swallowing or talking for a few minutes but I can tell the surgery was successful.